What is SAP FICO
- SAP FICO is a core functional component in the SAP ERP Central Component that allows an organization to manage all its financial data. SAP FICO consists of two modules, SAP Finance (FI) and SAP Controlling (CO), each of which is used for specific financial processes. SAP FICO module integrates with other SAP modules including MM (Materials Management), SD (Sales and Distribution), PP (Production Planning), PM (Plant Maintenance), and PS (Project Systems).
- Key sub-modules of SAP FICO are Accounts receivables, accounts payables, general ledgers, Asset Accounting, Cost accounting, financial statements, etc.
Who Should Learn SAP FICO
- Graduates/postgraduates in finance (BCom, MCom), CA, CFA, ICFA, any person having a degree or professional certification in finance or accounting with excellent communication skills, basic computer knowledge along with problem solving and analytical skills will be great.
- Domain experience in finance or accounting will be an added advantage
Career options as FICO consultant
As Implementation Consultant
- Organizing workshops & gathering customers' requirements, scoping, gap analysis, preparing blueprints
- Customizing and delivering the solution
- Coordinating with technical team for enhancements
- Testing the changes, documenting the process, preparing training documents, training end-users, etc.
As Support Consultant
- Attending the issues with end-users of the FICO module
- Gathering requirements from the users
- Mapping requirements into SAP and changing the configuration if required
- Preparing functional specifications and coordinating with developers for new developments like enhancements, reports, etc.
- Helping Users to Perform User Acceptance testing
- Creating training documents and delivering training to end-users