What is SAP MM
- SAP Material Management (MM) is an important module of SAP ERP consisting of business processes required in Procurement from vendor
, Goods Received from Vendor (GR), Invoice verification of Purchase Order.
- The module is tightly integrated with SAP SD & SAP PP.
- Key sub-modules of SAP MM are Material Planning, Vendor Master Data, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Valuation, Account Determination, Cross-functional with Other Module, etc.
Who Should Learn SAP MM
A degree in BCA/B.Sc. /MBA/B-tech, M-tech with excellent communication skills with basic computer knowledge along with problem-solving and analytical skills would be great. Background in inventory management or procurement process will be an added advantage.
Career options as MM consultant
As Implementation Consultant
- Organizing workshops & gathering customers' requirements, scoping, gap analysis, preparing blueprints
- Customizing and delivering the solution
- Coordinating with technical team for enhancements
- Testing the changes, documenting the process, preparing training documents, training end-users, etc.
As Support Consultant
- Attending the issues with end-users of MM module
- Gathering requirements from the users
- Mapping requirements into SAP and changing the configuration if required
- Preparing functional specifications and coordinating with developers for new developments like enhancements, reports, etc.
- Helping Users to Perform User Acceptance testing
- Creating training documents and delivering training to end-users