What is SAP PM
- SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) manages all maintenance activities in an organization. The Plant Maintenance module consists of key activities to include inspection, notifications, corrective and preventive maintenance, repairs, and other measures to maintain an ideal technical system.
- The module is tightly integrated with SAP MM, SD, QM, FICO, PP, HR.
- Key sub-modules of SAP PP are Material Master, Asset Viewer, Technical Objects, Equipment Master, Equipment BOM, Configuration Control, Functional Location, List Editing
Who Should Learn SAP PM
Engineering degree / Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics/ Industrial with effective communication and basic computer knowledge along with problem-solving and analytical skills will be great. Background in the Plant Maintenance process will be an advantage.
Career options as PM consultant
As Implementation Consultant
- Organizing workshops & gathering customers' requirements, scoping, gap analysis, preparing blueprints
- Customizing and delivering the solution
- Coordinating with technical team for enhancements
- Testing the changes, documenting the process, preparing training documents, training end-users, etc.
As Support Consultant
- Attending the issues with end-users of PM module
- Gathering requirements from the users
- Mapping requirements into SAP and changing the configuration if required
- Preparing functional specifications and coordinating with developers for new developments like enhancements, reports, etc.
- Helping Users to Perform User Acceptance testing
- Creating training documents and delivering training to end-users