What is SAP PP
- PP stands for Production Planning, which is a key module of SAP. It is a process of creating business plans with manufacturing capacity to create procurement and production schedules for finished goods. SAP PP tracks and makes a record of the manufacturing process flows.
There are three following types of manufacturing processes mentioned in SAP
- The module is tightly integrated with SAP MM, SD, QM, FICO, PM.
- Key sub-modules of SAP PP are Material Master, Bill of Material, Routing, MRP, MPS, Production Scheduling, Backflush, etc.
Who Should Learn SAP PP
An engineering degree in any discipline, MBA in operations, science graduates with experience in production and operations management, having excellent communication and basic computer knowledge along with problem-solving and analytical skills will be great. Background in the production process will be an added advantage.
Career options as PP consultant
As Implementation Consultant
- Organizing workshops & gathering customers' requirements, scoping, gap analysis, preparing blueprints
- Customizing and delivering the solution
- Coordinating with technical team for enhancements
- Testing the changes, documenting the process, preparing training documents, training end-users, etc.
As Support Consultant
- Attending the issues with end-users of PP module
- Gathering requirements from the users
- Mapping requirements into SAP and changing the configuration if required
- Preparing functional specifications and coordinating with developers for new developments like enhancements, reports, etc.
- Helping Users to Perform User Acceptance testing
- Creating training documents and delivering training to end-users