What is SAP SD?
SAP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) is a core functional module in SAP ERP that allows organizations to store and manage customer- and product-related data. Organizations use this data to manage all the sales orders, shipping, billing, and invoicing of their goods and services
The module is tightly integrated with SAP MM & SAP PP.
Key Components of SAP SD
The SAP SD module is the most vital ERP module developed by SAP. It helps in better management of sales and customer distribution data and processes in organizations.
The important components in the SAP Sales and Distribution module are:
- Master Data
- Shipping of Material
- Sales support
- Transportation of products
- Foreign Trade
Features of SAP SD module
Here are some key features of the SAP SD module:
- Price and Taxation: – It helps you to evaluate the price of goods and services under various conditions like rebate or discount, which is granted to a customer.
- Availability Check: Check the availability of a product in the warehouse of an organization.
- Billing & Invoice: Helps you to generate bills or invoices.
- Material Determination: Helps you to determine the details of materials based on a certain condition.
- Credit Management: It is a method of managing the credit limits of the customers. It can be figured out in two diverse ways simple credit check and automatic credit check.
- Account Determination: Helps you to determine the details of customers based on a given condition type.
Career options as SD consultant
As Implementation Consultant
- Organizing workshops & gathering customers' requirements, scoping, gap analysis, preparing blueprints
- Customizing and delivering the solution
- Coordinating with technical team for enhancements
- Testing the changes, documenting the process, preparing training documents, training end-users, etc.
As Support Consultant
- Attending the issues with end-users of the SD module
- Gathering requirements from the users
- Mapping requirements into SAP and changing the configuration if required
- Preparing functional specifications and coordinating with developers for new developments like enhancements, reports, etc.
- Helping Users to Perform User Acceptance testing
- Creating training documents and delivering training to end-users