What is SAP EWM
SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) is used to efficiently manage inventory in the Warehouse and for support the processing of goods movement. It allows the company to control their Warehouse inbound and outbound processes and movement of goods in the Warehouse
The module is tightly integrated with SAP MM, QM, PP, TM, GTS.
Key sub-modules of SAP EWM are Material Master, Plants, Customer, Vendor, Batches, Shipping Point
Who Should Learn SAP eWM
A degree in BCA/BSc /BCom /MBA/B-tech, M-tech with effective communication skills with basic computer knowledge along with problem-solving and analytical skills will be great. Background in the inventory management process will be an added advantage.
Career options as EWM consultant
As Implementation Consultant
- Organizing workshops & gathering customers' requirements, scoping, gap analysis, preparing blueprints
- Customizing and delivering the solution
- Coordinating with technical team for enhancements
- Testing the changes, documenting the process, preparing training documents, training end-users, etc.
As Support Consultant
- Attending the issues with end-users of the EWM module
- Gathering requirements from the users
- Mapping requirements into SAP and changing the configuration if required
- Preparing functional specifications and coordinating with developers for new developments like enhancements, reports, etc.
- Helping Users to Perform User Acceptance testing
- Creating training documents and delivering training to end-users
SAP Job Market, chances of getting a job after training
- The SAP market has been exceptionally good since early 2015. The SAP installation base is huge, and several clients are going for upgrade projects and process re-engineering projects in the S/4 HANA system
- After the training and complete preparation, it takes about 1-2 months to get a job. Of course, there will always be exceptions – people who will find it tough to land a job and people who get a job in a week.